Wednesday, March 5, 2014

#disneyside Birthday Party for J! {sponsored post}

**This is a sponsored post. I received free products from Mom Select and Disney in exchange for my views and blog posting. All opinions are my own.**

It was party day for J on Saturday. He was so excited he could hardly contain himself. He kept asking "am I 'hello 4' yet?" He won't be four, hello or otherwise, until Thursday so, we get to celebrate all week long! Hooray!

Party day arrived and it was full of all the excitement and let downs one can expect from a party for a four year old. We booked the conference room at the Inn at Face Rock since our home is tiny. N, P, and my dad transformed the dull table filled room into an open festive area fit for roly-poly children.

No party is complete without balloons!

Upon arrival, J's little guests seemed to all ball up together and roll about the room with outbursts of giggles and squeals. J's chubby cheeks pinked up real fast. P joined in the fun too. Things got really loud after we decorated cookies!

My mom bakes the absolute best cookies!

She also makes the absolute best frosting. J liked black the best!

After the cookie decorating, the kids had to burn some energy so it was back to rolling around the room squealing and giggling while we cleaned up sprinkles and tried to find some cookie crumbs to lick up. Those kids sure ate up the cookies fast! Then it was onto opening presents. I think that took about 3 minutes from initial unwrap to the final unwrapping. It was like a pack of wild dogs descended on the gifts, shredding the outer layers to bits, complete with snarls and joyous yips.

After gifts, it was on to a quick game of musical chairs. Little did I know this game would leave the majority of our guests in tears. How could I let this happen? I'm such an inclusive person and yet here I was pulling chairs out from under kids and laughing. We survived and there was a victor.

Every year I make P and J a birthday CD with their favorite songs. I passed them out as part of the party favors but also used the CD for musical chairs too!

This year's birthday CD for J is filled with his favorites!

Cake time has to be the best time! My mom baked and decorated J's cake this year from a Mickey Mouse cake pan she has had since my childhood. Yes, I had Mickey Mouse cakes baked for me growing up too. It turned out fantastic.

This cake tasted as delicious as it looked!

We sent our guests home loaded with loot thanks to Disneyside Celebrations  and Mom Select. They were also very worn out and the sugar high began to crash. A perfect time to end the celebration and say goodbye.

If you want to see all the goodies I received from Disney and Mom Select then read this blog post: #disneyside

*This is a sponsored post. I received free products from Disney and Mom Select in exchange for my views and blog posting. All opinions are my own.**

1 comment: